Viva Labs Krill Oil
- 100% Pure (No Fillers)
- Highest Levels of Omega-3s in the Industry
- 54x More Powerful Than Regular Fish Oil
- Made In The USA
NutriGold Krill Oil Gold
- 500mg of pure 100% NKO Krill Oil per SoftGel
- Awarded the best nutritional supplement in 2010.
- Clinically proven benefits for heart , joint, brain and women's health
- The only Krill Oil with "clinically proven" health benefits
Now Foods Neptune Krill Oil
- 100% Pure Patented NKO® Nepture Krill Oil
- Supports Joint Health
- Supports Joint Comfort
- May Reduce Symptoms of Premenstural Syndrome
NatureWise Krill Oil
- 100% Pure Superba Krill, Full GPS Traceability
- Has been shown to get into the body's cells 60% more efficiently compared to other traditional marine sources.
- The only krill oil to receive full sustainability certification by The Marine Stewardship Council (MSC)
- Manufactured in the USA
Omega-3 supplements are often recommended by health care professionals as a great way to improve your general health and protect your joints. Many people have used fish oil to get their daily dose of omega-3 fatty acids. However, the taste of fish oil is, well, fishy. Instead of taking fish oil, and burping fish taste for the rest of the day, health benefits of krill oil is becoming increasingly more publicized. Krill oil or fish oil that is the question. Krill oil is a better choice than fish oil for several reasons.
What are the Health Benefits of Adding Omega-3 Fatty Acids to Your Diet?
Adding Omega-3 fatty acids is one of the best ways to enhance your general health because using the supplement can:
- Improve cardiovascular health
- Improve lipid levels (reduce bad lipids, improve good lipids)
- Improves joint mobility and reduce arthritis
- Improves memory
- Increases energy levels
- Increases the general feeling of well-being
- Improves menstrual and premenstrual symptoms in women
- Helps to regulate blood glucose
What is a Krill?
Krill are tiny crustaceans that look a bit like shrimp but are much smaller. They live in the ocean in the pristine Antarctic waters and are a primary source of food for many Arctic dwellers such as whales. Because they are at the bottom of the food chain and have a short lifespan, they do not live long enough to accumulate the toxins in their systems that other types of fish can accumulate. So for a more pure type of omega-3 fatty acid, choose that which comes from the lowly but potent krill.
Why is Krill Oil the Best Choice?
Krill oil is free of toxins, which makes it the cleaner choice for creating the beneficial supplement. However, krill oil has an advantage over regular fish oil. Phospholipids are bound to the omega-3 in krill. This is crucial because phospholipids make the omega-3 in krill oil more efficient in the human body, which in turn makes the omega 3s more able to heal your joints and adds to the plethora of benefits you will receive. The omega 3s in fish oil are bound to triglycerides, which are not as efficiently absorbed into the human body. So using krill oil helps you get the best health benefits from your supplement.
Krill oil also has a carotenoid know astaxanthin. Astaxanthin is the chemical that makes krill, shrimp, flamingos and crabs their rosy color. This amazing chemical also defends cells against oxidation and the effects of aging. This property both keeps people looking and feeling younger, but also keeps the krill oil itself from spoiling. Fish oil is not as stable as krill oil and has more of a tendency to spoil. Astaxanthin strongly works against the effects of free radicals and is readily available through using krill oil.
If you have arthritis or stiffness in your joints and have spoken to your physician about it, he or she will most likely recommend an omega-3 fatty acid supplement to keep your joints and to make them more mobile. Krill Gold is the ultimate in quality krill oil health supplements, plus has added benefits also because it is more potent than regular fish oil. Using an omega-3 regularly has been shown to reduce pain levels in arthritic people, too.
Choose Krill Oil
Not all nutritional supplements are created equally. Krill oil has marvelous health benefits. It absorbs into the body 60 percent faster than does fish oil and does not contain the fishy aftertaste that traditional marine based oils do. Krill oil is also a source of environmentally sustainable omega-3, making it the responsible choice for the earth’s well-being, too.